Evaluating sources Online
The quality of your dissertation is directly related to the quality of the sources you use. Complete an online tutorial before the session for an introduction to evaluating resources at your own pace, and then come along to the live session to practice evaluating sources with your peers. The two activities combined will get you thinking about which kind of resources are appropriate to use in your work, and which are not, and will also include practical guidelines and tips for distinguishing respected academic publications/websites from rogue or predatory resources. The online tutorial will be circulated to registered attendees before the session.
- Understand how to locate and choose appropriate information sources for academic work
- Be able to evaluate these sources
- Think critically about the origins and purpose of information found
We encourage students to book onto our workshops via CareerHub in order to keep a record of their learning, but it’s not a requirement to book our online sessions in advance. You can decide on the day to join a session by clicking the zoom link provided.
- Tuesday 23 November 2021
- 15:00 - 16:00
- Time Zone:
- UK, Ireland, Lisbon Time (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL: https://essex-university.zoom.us/j/98819055839?from=addon