Using news and media in your research Online
There is more to research than just using books and journals! News & media sources can be useful, and sometimes essential, for researching many topics in the social sciences, business, and humanities, whether for current or historical information. This session will share with you some of the key resources available, their potential relevance to your research, and how to search them effectively.
Key areas covered
- Importance of news and media
- Contemporary and historical sources
- Social media
- Learn about the range of news and media resources offered by the library (and open access)
- Understand which could be useful to your research
- Practice searching selected resource
We encourage students to book onto our workshops via CareerHub in order to keep a record of their learning, but it’s not a requirement to book our online sessions in advance. You can decide on the day to join a session by clicking the zoom link provided.
- Monday 29 November 2021
- 13:00 - 14:00
- Time Zone:
- UK, Ireland, Lisbon Time (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL: https://essex-university.zoom.us/j/99522489498?from=addon