How Altmetric Explorer can help you track the attention your research creates Online
The Altmetric Explorer for Institutions is an intuitive platform that enables you to monitor the online activity surrounding academic research. As a member of the University of Essex, you will be able to browse individual authors or departments within the University, as well as using the full Altmetric database to be able to track work from other Universities, including seeing who is funding this work.
Some of the things you can achieve by using the Altmetric Explorer for Institutions:
1. Improve grant application success
2. Track influence as it happens
3. Ensure effective reputation management
4. Support your researchers
5. Inform strategic decision making
6. Report on outcomes and trends
You can use the Explorer to run reports and analyse attention on research that matters to you. You can do this by creating custom shareable reports, exporting your saved searches to CSV files to create additional graphs, and using the API to do more in-depth reporting as needed.
Please make sure to sign up for your personal log in using your institutional email address before the date of your training so that you can create and save your own searches after viewing the live demonstration.
Related LibGuide: Research Support by Hannah Crago
- Wednesday 6 April 2022
- 14:00 - 15:00
- Time Zone:
- UK, Ireland, Lisbon Time (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.
- Academic Staff Postgraduate - Research