Checking sources for assignments (online) Online
The quality of your dissertation or assignment is directly related to the quality of the sources you use, so knowing how to fact check and evaluate is important to your success at University, as well as future jobs. This workshop covers how to avoid 'fake' academic journals and investigate sources using the SIFT method.
Key areas covered
- Advantages of using academic sources in assignments
- How to spot predatory journals or fake academic publications
- Using the SIFT fact checking method
- Where to look for reliable sources
Essex students: book your place here! https://careerhub.essex.ac.uk/students/events/detail/445630
We encourage students to book onto our workshops via CareerHub in order to keep a record of their learning
Don't have access to CareerHub? You can register below.
It's not a requirement to preregister for our online workshops. You can decide on the day to join a session by clicking the Zoom link provided:
- Monday 19 September 2022
- 11:00 - 11:45
- Time Zone:
- UK, Ireland, Lisbon Time (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.
Looking for more opportunities to develop your skills? Visit Workshops at Library to discover more sessions designed to support Essex students and researchers.