Checking sources for assignments (in person) In-Person
The quality of your dissertation or assignment is directly related to the quality of the sources you use, so knowing how to fact check and evaluate is important to your success at University, as well as future jobs. This workshop covers how to avoid 'fake' academic journals and investigate sources using the SIFT method.
Key areas covered
- Advantages of using academic sources in assignments
- How to spot predatory journals or fake academic publications
- Using the SIFT fact checking method
- Where to look for reliable sources
Essex students: book your place here! https://careerhub.essex.ac.uk/students/events/detail/479157
We encourage students to book onto our workshops via CareerHub in order to keep a record of their learning
- Wednesday 7 December 2022
- 13:00 - 13:45
- Time Zone:
- UK, Ireland, Lisbon Time (change)
- LRR Training Room
Looking for more opportunities to develop your skills? Visit Workshops at Library to discover more sessions designed to support Essex students and researchers.
Want info about our upcoming workshops straight to your inbox? Sign up to our monthly Workshops At Library mailing list. You can unsubscribe at any time.