Intro to Obsidian – a visual tool for organising notes and generating research ideas (in person) In-Person
Looking for a simple way to visualise your notes? Like seeing how ideas relate to each other and discovering new relationships between them?Obsidian is a simple tool with powerful features that lets you take, organise, and connect your notes and generate ideas from them.
This session will cover some of the basics to get you started with Obsidian and highlight some ways to use its unique visualisation features to fuel the research process.
By the end of this session, you will have:
- Been introduced to the core features of Obsidian, including creating, connecting, & visualising notes using the graph view and canvases
- Examples of how to organise your academic/research notes effectively
- Ideas on how to use Obsidian’s features to generate research ideas and questions for further exploration
- Been made aware of Obsidian’s customisation, plugins, and further guidance/tutorials
PGR Students - book here!
Staff - book here!
Not a PGR or staff? You can book below!
Related LibGuide: Focus Weeks by Tom O'Toole-Mills
- Wednesday 31 May 2023
- 12:00 - 13:00
- Time Zone:
- UK, Ireland, Lisbon Time (change)
- LRR Training Room
Looking for more opportunities to develop your skills? Visit Workshops at Library to discover more sessions designed to support Essex students and researchers.
Want info about our upcoming workshops straight to your inbox? Sign up to our monthly Workshops At Library mailing list. You can unsubscribe at any time.